Location: Washington, DC
How will clients benefit with you as their coach?
Clients will benefit differently depending on their needs. However, the common denominator is that each client will experience clarity and forward movement in the area they choose to focus on.
Through my proven coaching process I help clients cut through the clutter of whatever area of their life they are most focused on and desire change. Examples include:
What results have clients reported after working with you?
- Managing teams and boards more effectively
- Managing career paths more intentionally
- Communicating executive presence more powerfully
- Dealing with difficult people and costly relationships
- Creating greater self-awareness; providing new perspectives
What do clients say about working with you?
- "You provided the sounding board and guidance I needed to feel more confident and focused in my new leadership role."
- "Carol helped me gain more self-awareness about what things I control, what things I influence, and what things are out of my control."
- "Carol helped me clarify what I most want in my life so I’m able to focus on creating plans and getting things done."
- "For the first time I was able to see and really understand other perspectives, and see other possibilities."
What are 5 strengths you have as a coach?
- "Carol brings a deep understanding of the human dynamics and the economic realities at play in today’s workplace. Her organizational savvy meant that we could hit the ground running…..she
really understood what was going on in my organization and I leave every coaching session with very clear thinking about how I want to proceed." Trade Association Executive Director
- "I’m glad to recommend Carol Vernon to anyone seeking a collaborative partnership dedicated to their success. Carol’s naturally warm style meant that she connected with me and those
around me easily to help me gain more awareness about what’s working and what’s not. Her directness also allowed me to see my blind spots and together we identified what steps I need to take
to leverage my strengths for my success." Association Senior Director
What is your coaching philosophy?
- Real world understanding of how organizations work (10+ years working in associations and 10+ working in for-profit and national political roles)
- Direct communication style
- Abundance of tools to support you, including 360s, and individual and team communication, work style, and behavioral/personality assessments
- Extensive coaching experience working with association leaders, as well as ongoing professional training on best practices for leading and working in teams
- Deep understanding and compassion about the change and growth journey
I believe that when we fully understand and leverage our natural strengths as well as address our blind spots, we are able to move from good to great in our work and in our lives. My approach is to partner with my coaching clients to support them in refining their vision and goals for themselves and their organizations – and to help them grow their authentic executive presence.
What types of people do you typically coach?
What is your professional background?
- Association and corporate leaders (mid- and senior-levels) committed to increasing their leadership and communication skills
- Leaders and their teams focused on increasing team effectiveness, working relationships, and communication styles
- Associations committed to creating a coaching culture throughout the organization
Carol Vernon is a certified executive coach with more than 20 years of experience in non-profits, for-profits, and government organizations. After more than a decade in senior leadership positions in national associations, Carol became a coach to help individuals and teams become more effective in the workplace and more fulfilled in their lives. She serves as an on-site executive coach at the ASAE Annual Meetings and is a frequent speaker and presenter at their women’s executive forum luncheons and career development programs. She also serves on the faculty of Yale’s Campaign School for Women Leaders, where she provides leadership and communications coaching for rising leaders committed to public service.
How can clients get started working with you as their coach?
Carol’s professional experience includes, congressional and White House political staffer, senior director for a trade association, and acting executive director for a professional society.
Carol is certified by the coaching industry’s primary certification body, the International Coaching Federation (ICF). She completed her coach training through the Coach Training Alliance and the Coaches Training Institute. She has a BA and did graduate studies in communications.
You will then be directly contacted by the head of the coaching program to select the right coach for you.
- Order Online through our secure checkout: Click one of the Add to Cart buttons below
- Order by Phone: Call our ordering department toll free at 888-491-8833
Three 30-Minute Coaching Sessions
The Career Coaching service matches individuals with a personal coach--a confidant, champion, and challenger who will help you:
With Career Coaching you can:
- Gain personalized guidance through job transitions
- Prepare and navigate through your annual reviews
- Leverage your behavioral and professional strengths effectively
- Diagnose reasons for career dissatisfaction
- Learn how to take action in networking, interviewing, and taking on new opportunities
- Learn how your behavioral style affects those you work with
- Build a compelling value proposition for a potential employer
- Manage change more effectively
- Overcome hurdles that impede success
- Sustain professional success and maintain balance
- Get ongoing support through all phases of your career
Non Members: $350.00