PRISMS Inc. is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director. PRISMS is a 501 c 3 organization, governed by a 10 member Board of Directors, with a world-wide constituency of families and researchers. This is a virtual, work-from-home position in the field of rare genetic diseases, disability rights, and family social services.
PRISMS, an acronym for Parents and Researchers Interested In Smith-Magenis Syndrome, is dedicated to providing information and support to families of persons with Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS), sponsoring research and fostering partnerships with professionals to increase awareness and understanding of SMS. Visit prisms.org for more information.
The following minimum skills and attributes are required:
- Professional and efficient demeanor while being patient and understanding of the challenges that come with running a human service organization.
- Highly organized and able to coordinate multiple initiatives.
- Experience managing nonprofit organizations including interacting with a volunteer board of directors.
- Experience with fundraising and membership programs.
- Experience with communication technologies including social media.
- Writing skills including experience with reports, grants and family-friendly articles.
Please email Robert Miller at email@example.com with the subject line as follows: Your last name – PRISMS Application. Attach a Microsoft Word or PDF Letter of Interest and a Resume. The letter of interest should state why you believe you may be qualified for this position and a description of the relevant experience you would bring. Please do not contact PRISMS directly. All inquiries will be acknowledged. Applicants selected for interview will be contacted beginning in January 2019.
The following minimum skills and attributes are desired but not required:
- Experience working with medical professionals, researchers and their organizations.
- Experience organizing conferences and professional programs.
- Knowledge of rare genetic diseases, intellectual disabilities, behavior and learning challenges, along with associated medical issues.
- Understanding of disability rights and special education law.
Telecommuting is allowed.
Additional Salary Information: Salary (Commensurate with experience)
Benefits: Medical, Sick and Vacation provided (Specifics to be determined at time of job offer.)
PRISMS is dedicated to providing information and support to families of persons with Smith-Magenis Syndrome (SMS), sponsoring research and fostering partnerships with professionals to increase awareness and understanding of SMS.