Translate complex issues into compelling content that moves audiences to action. The content developer should be fluent in the fundamentals of storytelling and passionate about shifting perceptions of nuclear through multi-platform content.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Content Developer will be responsible for:
Executing content projects and producing stories around NEI’s objectives and imperatives. The Content Developer will work collaboratively with NEI’s content team to brainstorm creative approaches and messaging and transform ideas into accessible and persuasive content. The developer will be responsible for creating content that applies NEI’s voice with the appropriate tone to generate customized content for an array of formats aimed at specific audiences—including Nuclear Energy Overview, articles, e-newsletters, email marketing, video content, website copy and social media. The incumbent will work to align content within the framework of NEI’s greater mission, strategy and priorities.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
Work with the Content Team to create content including video products, long-form written pieces such as blog posts and articles, website pages, e-newsletters and email campaigns.
Focus on proactive storytelling across digital platforms.
Provide support for fellow content team members as needed. Such activities could include proofing stories and other content, creating daily social content, attending meetings, posting website content, and producing analytics reports.
Support the execution of NEI’s external communications strategy including research for speechwriting, pre- and post-production of video content.
Work closely with colleagues across NEI to ensure alignment on messaging and content approach.
Minimum two years of experience writing for multiple platforms. Experience in energy sector preferred.
Must demonstrate the ability to write persuasively, quickly and accurately in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
· Excellent written and verbal communications skills to develop accurate, credible and persuasive representation of NEI positions.
· Excellent organization and time management skills, and ability to juggle multiple projects, work independently, keep track of short- and long-term priorities, and meet deadlines reliably.
· Proficiency in multimedia communications platforms and tools, including email, website, social media, advertising and video.
· Ability to work well with internal and external stakeholders.
· Proficiency using a range of operating systems, digital platforms and apps. Working knowledge of various software including content management systems, preferably Kentico.
Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, English or public relations.
The Nuclear Energy Institute is the policy organization of the nuclear energy and technologies industry and participates in both the national and global policy-making process. NEI’s objective is to ensure the formation of policies that promote the beneficial uses of nuclear energy and technologies in the United States and around the world. Headquartered in Washington, DC, NEI has approximately 120 employees.