We have an exciting opportunity for a high energy and creative Corporate and Foundation Relations Specialist to join our growing, ASME Foundation team, working remotely for the time being, and ultimately in our New York City office.
The ASME Foundation supports an arc of programs dedicated to sparking a lifelong passion for engineering; starting with youngsters through to nurturing engineers’ brilliant innovative solutions that improve quality of life for people all over the world. At the heart of the Foundation’s mission is to help create an engineering workforce that is diverse, inclusive, accessible and multi-disciplinary.
The Corporate and Foundations Specialist will report to the Director of Corporate and Foundations Relations to continue to build the Corporate and Foundation Donor fundraising program. This includes the strategic implementation of current and prospective corporate and foundation donor outreach, including: prospect identification, qualification, cultivation and stewardship, as well as data and analytics management
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Coordinate prospect identification and qualification (with Donor Relations Specialist) -- maintain continually up-dated call/contact reports for Senior team and conduct rigorous research on philanthropic opportunities, including detailed background on donor giving missions, philosophies and history, etc. Working knowledge of SalesForce is a plus.
• Identify new opportunities among corporate and foundation donors that align with ASME’s philanthropic objectives and mission. Work with the Foundation Philanthropy and Programs teams to create tailored engagement pathways and activities.
• Maintain data reports on all prospects and manage up-coming timelines and actions for outreach. Manage calendar for funding deadlines and events. Create/finalize/file all related correspondence, including funding requests, invitations, reminders.
• Event Management — Many of ASME’s philanthropic programs have signature events anchored to them. The Specialist will work with the Director on integrating key stakeholders into these event experiences to advance fundraising goals.
• Oversee professional links between corporate and foundation prospective donors and individual ones — track professional attendees at ASME events, identify matching gift opportunities, coordinate closely with the individual donor team.
• Gift Tracking Management — Liaise director and members of the Programs team to all gift/grants from corporations and foundations through campaign, pledge and gift reporting. Process payments, send reminders, and manage filing and permanent records.
• Assist in day-to-day fundraising and operational support, including preparation of budgets, agendas, proposals, grant reports, and decks, scheduling of meetings, etc.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree, or additional equivalent experience, with a minimum of three years nonprofit donor relations experience, working with corporations and/or foundations. Successful candidates will have the ability to work entrepreneurially and as an integral part of growing team.
The ideal candidate will present other important qualifications and competencies such as:
• Communication — Exceptional verbal, written skills are required, including writing, editing, proofreading. PowerPoint skills in creating presentations, including text and visuals a must. Experience with helping create video assets and other collateral materials a plus.
• Project Management — Strong project management skills with the ability to concurrently manage multiple work streams and overlapping deadlines is required. Attention to detail is critical to this role. Must have advanced problem solving and analytical skills.
• Collaboration — Collaboration across a broad range of ASME staff, volunteers and partners will be critical to in the cultivation of corporate and foundation relationships.
• Technical Skills — Must have experience working with a contact database (preferably SalesForce) and be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint.
• Diplomacy — Fundraising is a delicate path of relationship building — candidate must have strong interpersonal skills and a sensitivity to protocols.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. ASME takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted.
About The American Society of Mechanical Engineers
ASME (The American Society of Mechanical Engineers) is a world-renowned, member-based professional organization focused on serving the technical, educational and other programmatic needs of the engineering and technology communities on a worldwide basis. ASME generates approximately $115 million annually from the sale of products and services and provides a wide range of mission focused programs and activities.