Energy Solutions Center (ESC) is a 501(c)6 trade association that supports North American natural gas utilities by providing information and training on customer and industry-related products and services to utility professionals.
Via conferences, webinars, and publications, ESC focuses on educating marketing, sales, and customer support staff at gas utilities about energy options for residential, commercial, and industrial customers.
ESC has a staff of 6 and an operating budget of $1.2 million. Revenue comes primarily from membership dues and fees from education and training programs.
The ideal executive director will be:
1) Experienced in the work of nonprofit organizations where providing exceptional customer service to dues-paying members is essential. CAE certification would be desirable.
2) Interested and knowledgeable in energy, regulated utilities, or energy efficiency.
3) Knowledgeable about sales and marketing platforms and technologies , since these are the functional areas within the utilities that ESC focuses on.
Primary responsibilities include:
1) Providing leadership, vision, and strategic direction to ensure ESC remains an important source of information and training to utility professionals.
2) Manage current programs with a high level of quality that continues to enhance member return-on-investment.
3) Maintain strong working relationships with other key national trade associations and relevant federal agencies.
4) Identify new ways to supplement dues income with new program revenue.
The full position description and application instructions can be found at https://www.slesingermanagement.com/active-searches
About Energy Solutions Center
The Energy Solutions Center identifies, supports, and promotes the deployment of more energy-efficient appliances and equipment for residential, commercial, and industrial energy users. The Center produces a wide range of in-person and on-line education and training materials and resources for energy professionals and consumers. For more information, go to www.energysolutionscenter.org