Association Administrative and Membership Associate
Association of University Technology Managers
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: 2 Year Degree
Position Overview: Follow the association’s best practices to support and promote AUTM’s mission through coordinating elements of the membership cycle, customer service, and other operational tasks. Manage the day-to-day office administration. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Lead contact for customer service (including phone calls, general emails, and postal mail)
· Provide assistance in filtering and forwarding communications to proper individuals
· Create quarterly report of Staff timesheets
· Assist in management of membership database
· Create spreadsheets and data tables and analyze information
· Track and report on contacts
· Provide data reports from databases, spreadsheets and surveys
· Manage and update inventory as needed
· Create and send invoices/receipts
General Association Support:
Other Duties as assigned
· Associate’s Degree in management, communications, or related field a plus.
· Three years’ experience working for an association in administration or project management
· Understanding of the management of member organizations with experience working with an association management software, specifically iMIS.
· Strong project management skills, ability to multi-task with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact with staff and membership with a high level of diplomacy and effectiveness.
· Innovative thinker with the ability to translate strategic thinking into actionable plans and results.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, PowerPoint and Excel.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
About Association of University Technology Managers
AUTM is the nonprofit leader in efforts to educate, promote and inspire professionals to support the development of academic research that changes the world and drives innovation forward through technology transfer. Our community is comprised of more than 3,000 members who work in more than 800 universities, research centers, hospitals, businesses, and government organizations around the globe.