The Category Management Association is seeking a highly motivated self-starter to join our Chicago-based team as a crucial part of our Member Services Team. You’ll be creating connections and engaging communities; you are energized by drawing people in and guiding them through experiences.??
Within the role, you’ll be responsible for managing exceptional member experiences through learning activities, our online LMS, and tracking other member benefits to ensure maximum engagement with the association. The ideal candidate for this role will be detail and customer-service oriented, tech-savvy, and highly organized. You will support our overall membership and revenue growth objectives. This person reports to the Director of Member Services and will also interact with the Training Team.??
The Manager, Learning & Member Services will:
· Serve as the first point of contact for the Learning Management System (LMS) and provide support to learners within the LMS.
· Provide onboarding to members utilizing the LMS (virtual walkthroughs of the LMS, its use, and how members can efficiently utilize training credits).
· Understand the training materials and pathways necessary to certification.
· Monitor member accounts to ensure usage and renewals.
· Assist with improving any/all processes related to LMS and user satisfaction.
· Assist with the development of member feedback systems.
· Manage, monitor, and report on monthly member usage of training credits to identify trends and areas of opportunity.?
· Provide reporting and business intelligence for Learning Management System (LMS) statistics (both for the association overall and individual member companies).
· Learn and assist with the various levels of current and future certifications of the associations.
· Assist the department with data entry, certification, training details and other processes.
· Design training overviews, information sheets, and FAQ documents that assist members in understanding training paths.
· Assist with membership renewal processes as they relate to training credits/courses.
· Assist with annual conference details and execution.
· Schedule regular meetings and communicate with members to assess training usage and review training goals.
· Assist with onboarding activities.
· Assist with Annual Conference registration, sponsorship fulfillment, and other details onsite (or virtually).
· Maximize the use of CRM with updates, dashboards, and reports.
WHAT IT TAKES
We believe that people are our most important source of sustainable competitive advantage, so we need a special leader that has the energy, collaborative mindset, and business acumen to keep up with our dynamic culture, varied businesses and ultra-high potential team. Some of the most important competencies to effectively perform this role include:
· An entrepreneurial spirit with an out-of-the-box mindset for making the seemingly impossible happen.
· A love of people…with a passion for finding and developing great people capable of doing extraordinary things.
· At home with the ambiguity and complexity that comes with helping multiple stakeholders with organizations of varying sizes and needs.
· The ability to work effectively and collaboratively with a diverse group of high potential employees.
· Highly accountable and self-driven with a heavy concentration of grit required. We value and celebrate all three of these attributes in our people.
· A good sense of humor, a high EQ and a team-based orientation.
· The position requires a physical presence in the association’s Chicago office, but intermittent travel is an essential duty and function of this job; however, travel is likely to be less than 20%.
ARC (The Association of Retail and Consumer Professionals) is the parent organization of the Category Management Association (CMA) and the Shopper Insights Management Association (SIMA).
The people at ARC are an elite group of bright, problem-solvers with a passion for winning together. They are challenged and stretched every day as we work to think bolder and be better. We expect them to work hard and push the envelope. In return, they do amazing things and grow their capabilities and careers.
WHAT YOUR RESUME SHOWS
While we’re looking for some specific experiences and skill-sets, nothing is more important than a
strong can-do attitude, resilience in the face of change, and a passion for learning and creating. Some of the things you might bring to the role include:
· While we are looking for some specific experiences and capabilities, nothing is more important to us than a capable leader who has real passion for our businesses and our people. Some of the things you might bring to the role include:
· College degree required
· At least three years of work experience, preferably within a membership organization or institution that provides certification and training
· Proficiency working registration software programs and LMS for online course management
· Familiarity with the CPG industry a plus
· Experience with association software and/or database required
· Superior skills in Microsoft Office applications
· Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
· Ability to travel to the annual conference; flexibility to work extended hours as needed
· A relatively wide variety of experiences that help you bring depth to the role and its many challenges and opportunities.
· Highly organized, enthusiastic, and flexible individual who has a Member First attitude and is capable of handling multiple projects at the same time, while collaborating with others.
· Ability to pivot and quickly adapt to changing business needs and priorities.
In addition to a very competitive base salary and bonus target, you will get access to a competitive benefits package including:
Generous PTO and work flexibility
Multiple offices and locations (Minneapolis/Chicago)
3 Work from anywhere weeks for all employees
Medical (including Mayo Clinic Coverage and HSA), Dental, and Vision insurance.
ST/LT Disability and Life Insurance coverages
401k plan with investing flexibility and automatic company contributions.
All employees eligible to participate in sales incentives and commission programs
Annual tech allowances
Special allowances for growth and development, certifications, on-going classes, etc.
Summer hours between US Memorial Day & Labor Day
Numerous company outings, volunteer opportunities and more on a regular basis
Quarterly Town Halls to engage with the Executive Leadership Teams and Q&As
4-week sabbatical after 10 years of service
Xerxes Global Holdings is comprised of the following businesses:
MGMT3D specializes in strategic M&A advisory and business growth in private equity, investment banking, portfolio companies and more.
EBM Software delivers performance software solutions that drive growth for private equity funds, investment banks and middle market to large corporations.
The Association of Retail and Consumer Professionals (ARC) is the parent organization of the Category Management Association (CMA) and the Shopper Insights Management Association (SIMA).
Employees here are an elite group of bright, strategic thinkers. They are encouraged to take the ball and run with it, and there’s no question your individual impact can be felt. Our employees are highly valued on an individual level and are always pushed to grow and continuously move onward and upward in their careers. Here, you’ll be working side-by-side with top-level executives and thought-leaders, making connections and constantly learning. We do everything possible to ensure you’re able to grow and shine in your role.
Xerxes Global, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.